The Hawkeye Dance team performs during area events and competes at the Iowa State Dance Team Association statewide competition. The Dance Team is a competitive dance team and will compete at an advanced level. Experience is preferred but not required. The Hawkeye dance team is Co-Ed.
Dance Team Tryouts
- Saturday, April 22, 2017- 10:00 am
- Perform a one minute piece of choreography you have created to a song of your choice (Please bring your music to tryouts).
- Showcase and execute the following correctly: Splits, turns, toe touch, or any other special dance qualities you may have.
- Showcase a quick pom routine of your own choreography with no music, 8 counts.
- Demonstrate your ability to do high kicks, mid-level kicks, and round kicks.
- Facials expressions and stage performance, this includes makeup and tight dance attire so your movements can be clearly seen.
Questions: call 319-296-4430 or email email@example.com.
Scholarships range from $250–$500 per scholarship.
To receive awarded scholarship, you must:
- abide by the Student-Athlete Handbook
- attend practices
- attend all competitions (if selected)
- maintain a 2.0 GPA
Amber started her dance career at The Dance Studio in Sheldon, Iowa. Later switching studios to The Turn Around in Le Mars, Iowa. There she became very well versed in a variety of dance forms including: ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, hip hop, point, and contemporary. She competed for The Turn Around studio throughout her high school career. Neisius was also a member of the dance team at Marcus High School where she served as captain for three years. She is currently perusing her Bachelors degree in Health Promotion at the University of Northern Iowa. Amber has developed a passion for dance over the years and is very excited to pass that on to her RedTail student-athletes!
2016 Hawkeye RedTails Competitive Dance Team