The Hawkeye Dance team performs during area events and competes at the Iowa State Dance Team Association statewide competition. The Dance Team is a competitive team and will compete at an advanced level. Experience is preferred, but not required. The Hawkeye Dance team is co-ed.
Dance Team Tryouts
- Friday, April 20, 2018 at 7:00 PM (Optional)*
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 10:00 AM
*This is an informal “dance class” to get a feel for the style and elements the coach is looking for. It is an opportunity to feel more relaxed and ask questions before the tryout on Saturday. While not mandatory, it is highly encouraged to attend.
- Perform a one-minute routine choreographed by the coach taught the day of the audition
- Showcase and execute the following correctly: double/triple pirouette turn, fouette turns in second, axel jump, toe touch, switch leap, high kicks, and round kicks.
- Showcase a quick pom routine with no music, 8 counts.
- Opportunity to demonstrate highly specialized skills, e.g. tilts, splits, tumbling, baton.
- Facials expressions and stage performance
- Hair and makeup: show ready makeup and hair pulled back off the face and neck
- Proper dance attire: tight clothing with clean lines so movement can be judge accordingly.
Questions: call 319-296-4430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships are available and will be determined by head coach based on athletic ability and academic success.
To receive awarded scholarship, you must:
- abide by the Student-Athlete Handbook
- adhere to all team policies and procedures
- attend all practices and competitions
- maintain a 2.0 GPA
Meet The Coach
Meghan Reilly is excited to be the new head coach for the Hawkeye RedTails Dance Team. Reilly recently moved to Iowa after performing professionally at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, for the past seven years. She has performed in the Festival of Fantasy Parade, the Main Street Electrical Parade, Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade, and Celebrate the Season Christmas Castle show to name a few.
Reilly has more than 25 years of dance experience and is classically trained in ballet, tap, jazz, modern, and hip-hop. She has competed in dance since middle school, and even created the dance team at her high school in Westminster, Maryland. She is thrilled to bring her experience and passion to the RedTails and is looking forward to the upcoming season.