Policies for the RedTail mascot appearance:
- The RedTail mascot priority is Hawkeye Community College Athletics. All other events/activities are secondary.
- Completion of this form does not guarantee the RedTail mascot will be able to fulfil the request. We reserve the right to cancel an appearance due to illness, inclement weather, personal emergency, and/or scheduling conflicts.
- Request forms must be received at least two weeks prior to the event. Failure to do so might result in the inability to attend the event or cancellation of the request.
- Payment for the appearance must be received at least two days prior to the event.
- Checks should be made to “Hawkeye Community College Athletics.”
- A private and lockable changing room must be made available for appearances. No public rooms or restrooms are acceptable. This is meant to protect the anonymity of the mascot.
- Each hour the mascot must have a 15-minute break to rehydrate.
- The mascot does not talk.
- The mascot cannot be rented or loaned out.
- A minimum of a one-hour fee will be applied to each event. Events are to be a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of two hours. Prices are as follows:
- College Events: $50 per hour
- Black Hawk County Events: $75 per hour
- Events outside Black Hawk County: $100 per hour
- Mileage cost: $0.50 per mile round trip as calculated by MapQuest from Hawkeye Community College’s main campus location (1501 East Orange Rd., Waterloo, IA 50701).
- Parking must be made available for all events.
The RedTail mascot is a trademarked character of Hawkeye Community College. When the mascot is at appearances and events, photographs may be taken and used for personal use only. No company, organization, or individual is allowed to use photographs of the RedTail mascot or any additional Hawkeye Community College marks for advertisements. The RedTail mascot at any appearance or event does not constitute promotion of any product, service, and/or person by Hawkeye Community College. Any misuse of photographs or sale of images alone may be a violation of Hawkeye Community College’s licensing of logos.